FREE Firewood Giveaway December 19th
Thanks to CAL FIRE crews, Mountain Rim Fire Safe Council is able to offer a free firewood giveaway on Saturday, December 19th, 9am to 3pm (while supply lasts). Location is the upper ballfield parking lot of Twin Peaks Community center, next to the ball field. 765 Grandview, Twin Peaks.
Please do not block entry to lot or any intersections. No left turns from Grandview into the lot will be allowed. All traffic must enter from the northbound side of Grandview. Southbound vehicles will not be allowed to turn left into the lot.
1. Please see the picture - this is NOT split firewood. It is mostly rounds, with some smaller pieces. It is comprised of mixed wood, but primarily pine. Virtually all of it will need to be split or chopped into firewood size pieces to use in a fire place.
2. This giveaway is meant for private household use, not firewood sellers. No large trucks or large trailers allowed. Small trucks and trailers will be allowed, but (a) you cannot load both your truck and trailer, and (b) you will be limited as to how much you can load on the trailer. We will not allow stacking of multiple layers, etc. There is a limited amount of wood and we want to help as many people as possible. While this is a free giveaway, it is not an "ALL YOU CAN LOAD" event - we will do everything we can to be sure the wood is shared as far as possible.
3. MRFSC volunteers will be on site to help coordinate the activity, but there will not be any volunteers available to help you load your vehicle.
4. The wood is to benefit residents of the Rim Communities between Crestline and Green Valley Lake.
5. We will update our Facebook page (MountainRimFSC) as the day progresses with the status of the wood supply. We will be there until 3pm or until the wood is gone, whichever comes first.
Wildfire Prevention & Preparedness Community Meetings!
Come listen to our local first responders and other organizations involved in prevention, preparedness and action! These agencies will share what they are doing to get prepared for the wildfires coming our way. Learn about the latest in suppression efforts, equipment and resources to fight fires. And you can get tips on what YOU can do to be a part of the difference in making our communities more fire safe.
Light refreshments, goodies for the kids, lots of info and raffle prizes! Come early and have your picture taken with Smokey Bear!
More meetings will be scheduled when COVID-19 restrictions are lifted - check back for more info.
FIRST RESPONDER DAY continues to be a success!
The Mountain Rim Fire Safe Council and State Senator Mike Morrell (R-Rancho Cucamonga) invited the community to participate in a day of recognition for local emergency personnel at the inaugural California First Responder Day at Snow Valley Mountain Resort held on September 23, 2017.
First responders and their families, as well as the community, attended this special event. Activities included opportunities for kids to explore fire trucks, ambulance, police vehicles and helicopters. While meeting first responders there were demonstrations, safety information and special visits by Smokey Bear.
Food vendors were also be onsite.
The Senate Resolution, authored by Senator Morrell and adopted by the State Senate, designates September 23rd
as First Responder Day in California.
“California is prone to earthquakes, wildfires, flooding, and other disasters that all require active preparation and response efforts,” said Senator Morrell. “At the heart of our state’s emergency action capability are its first responders. No greater courage is demonstrated than that of the dedicated heroes who run into harm’s way rather than away from it. This day is one of gratitude and appreciation. I am honored to take part in recognizing these men and women.”
Plan on joining us again in 2020 in as we honor First Responders. What will YOU do in YOUR community?
Or plan a special event or activity in your community to than First Responders!
Visit www.CAFirstResponderDay.org for more info!
While the official day of recognition is September 23rd, the celebration will be held on the Saturday nearest the 23rd