You shop - Amazon gives to MRFSC!
Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Mountain Rim Fire Safe Council Inc whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
Support MRFSC by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com or clicking on the image above. Going to regular amazon.com does not support the smile program. Thank you!
Another way to support the Mountain Rim Fire Safe Council!
While we have been fortunate to receive grants in recent years, often the grant funds are restricted and do not pay for simple things like printer paper and postage. Help MRFSC's efforts in fire safe education and activities - DONATE below.
All donations are tax deductible! [#33-0851413].
California is experiencing its driest year ever - fire season is year round! The fires raging in the Southland are harsh reminders that we live in a beautiful but hazardous area.
Long before fire threatens, plan your evacuation. When evacuation seems likely, put your plan into action.
Make a list of items you want to take with you during an evacuation.
Here’s an example, but prepare your own list.
Have a flashlight and portable battery operated radio on hand at all times
important documents (birth certificates, passports, insurance papers & inventory, personal financial records, phone & address books, tax records, computer back up discs, children’s school records, inoculation & vaccination records, photos, art)
pet, pet food, leash, carrier
child’s favorite toy
• Keep your “Important Stuff” list handy; on the fridge, for example
• Keep sturdy boxes ready for collecting things on your list.
• Prepare an Emergency Supply Kit (see below).
• Have a corded phone in the house. Cordless home phones do not work when the power is out.
• Copy all important documents and store with a friend or family out of the area.
• Keep a regular address book in addition to what may be stored in your computer or cell phone as this equipment may not work if power is out or towers are down.
During fire season, always have at least half a tank of gas in your car. Gas stations may not operate if power goes out. And you may not be able to evacuate by the shortest route out of your area.
BE PREPARED -
Mountain Rim Fire Safe Council